Whether you operate a 24/7 gym franchise or a traditional facility, you will need trainers to confirm clients coming in. The staff who will do the actual routine in your gym will ultimately have first-hand influence on client maintenance. If studies are right, more than half of canceled gym membership are attributed to poor training experience. Even with a reliable 24/7 gym insurance Australia to fall back on in times of issues arising in your facility, the greatest threat still rests on the type of trainers being employed.
When 24/7 gyms are often “staff-less”, many industrialists still hire trainers to lure more subscriptions. Hiring the perfect trainer, however, can be quite challenging. To get you started in the quest for finding a magnet for new membership subscriptions, the following tips can come handy:
- Of course, go for certified ones and preferably those who are adept in the training program highlighted in your gym. It’s easy to get a certification as a personal trainer, yes, but that is a must for every facility. Clients will look for some form of assurance that they’re learning from professionals particularly ones who are focused on delivering the results they need.
- Trainers who engage in small talk and show genuine interest in building a relationship with others can help welcome new recruits and retain old ones. These are also the ones who have clearer expectations and no doubts on saying what needs to be done to make your facility better. Find someone who is not only authoritative but also confident, friendly, and approachable.
- Look for trainers who can craft training programs with less or zero supervision. Not all professional trainers can create and update a training program. Knowing how to make certain adjustments or create one can be an advantage to all types of gym facility as fitness enthusiasts will always be on the lookout for new routines and new styles. Look for a candidate that can bring the needed excitement to the place.
- Don’t just hire for a great personality. Instead, choose to hire for values. Even if you feel a “connection” with someone, choose to dig deeper and see if he or she shares the same core values as you. When the whole team in a gym work for the same goals, realising success can be easily done.
- Choose to have a diverse team of people working beside you in building a gym. One of the exciting things in a gym is to have people from different backgrounds, with different viewpoints work towards the same goal; fitness success.
Overall, your goal is to find someone who is a cross between an understanding sales person, skillful in training programs highlighted by your gym and shares the same core values you have in relation to health and fitness. This is one way for you to fill at least half of your gym’s time slot and to never go short on members. Often, investing in the right people will ultimately deliver the profit margin you dream of.
Learn more about 24/7 gym insurance Australia, call our office hotline or enquire online for a free quote. We can connect you to top insurance companies in the country that can guarantee round-the-clock protection you need.
Photo Credits: https://ohgodmywifeisgerman.com/2014/11/17/the-top-10-worst-things-about-joining-a-gym-in-germany/