When you work in the sport, leisure and recreation industry it’s an absolute must to ensure that you have taken the relevant steps to protect your business and the people you work with.
As well as providing your clients and customers with a safe and enjoyable experience, it’s equally important to ensure you are prepared to handle any unexpected issues that could have a negative impact on your business.
One of the most effective ways to do this is by taking out a quality sport and leisure insurance cover.
What is sports and leisure insurance?
A sport, leisure and recreation insurance policy can be tailored to suit the specific requirements of both professional and amateur sport, leisure, event and recreational purposes.
The risk exposures in these industries are vast – from personal accident and business interruption cover to group travel cancellations and management liability cover.
Sport, leisure and recreation insurance usually covers three main areas:
- Personal accident: personal injury, medical expenses, hospital and repatriation benefits, permanent disability, income protection, accidental death
- Business and property: accidental damage, business interruption, fire, theft, glass, machinery and equipment breakdown,
- Liability: professional indemnity, product liability, management liability, loss of license, litigation fees
- Workers compensation: employee income protection and claim compensation
Some examples of the types of businesses a sports and leisure insurance policy can cover includes (but is not limited to):
- Exhibitions and conferences
- Gyms and fitness centres
- Amateur sporting groups and clubs
- Touring groups
- Sporting events
- Events and sporting stadiums and grounds
- Event venues and facilities
- Amusement caterers
- Public attractions
- League clubs
- Recreation clubs
- Social clubs
Are there any inclusions/exclusions?
Every insurer is different so it’s really important to check for inclusions and exclusions in your policy. Exclusions are sometimes available as an add-on for an additional fee.
Some examples of exclusions may include:
- Contamination and product recall
- Goods in transit
- Extreme sports or activities (unless specified by the insurer)
- Professional or paid participation
How much does sports and leisure insurance cost?
A sport and leisure insurance premium usually starts from around $350 per year for small to medium-sized businesses.
However, the price of a premium can vary considerably depending on the size and type of your business and its risks.
Get your sports, leisure and recreation insurance quote today
At Gym Insurance HQ, we know that no two businesses are the same. This is why our specialist brokers take the time to understand your business and assess your unique risk exposures.
We are committed to finding the right policy for your business no matter what type of sport, leisure and recreation activities you provide.
As a brokerage, we have access to some of the most competitively-priced sport and recreation insurers across Australia.
Request a quote online or give one of our friendly brokers a call today on 1300 815 344.