Gym Insurance HQ
Workers compensation insurance
Gym Insurance HQ can assist you with all your fitness industry worker’s compensation insurance needs with access to the largest range of worker’s compensation Filing Physical Injury Claiminsurance companies in Australia.
GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW!
Key things to remember
Workers compensation insurance is a minefield with every state having a separate system and legislation. A few of the key things to remember with worker’s compensation are:
- If you employ any PAYG staff you MUST legally have worker’s compensation insurance.
- Contract staff (ABN holders), generally still legally require you to cover them under worker’s compensation due to definition of worker under the various states worker’s compensation legislation. Please also note Superannuation also typically needs to be paid as guidelines are similar.
- If you are a sole operator, but operate under a company structure, the company will also need to hold worker’s compensation, otherwise it will be in breach and as the director you will be in breach.
you are best covered by income protection.
Please also note that under this scenario, it is quite possible that worker’s compensation will not respond to a worker’s compensation claim, and you are best covered by income protection.
- Premiums are generally regulated so there is generally little, to no variation between insurers premiums.
- Many worker’s compensation insurers now also seek reimbursement from the employer under liability / management liability policies.
Gym Insurance HQ can assist you in sorting through your worker’s compensation requirements, ensuring you are getting the right coverage to meet your needs at the right price.
Ever since Jane Fonda graced us with her high-intensity aerobic workouts back in the 80s, group fitness has boomed. In fact, one study found that 95 per cent of people who start a weight loss program with friends complete the program, compared to 76 per cent of those...
There’s a reason why yoga has become an extremely popular practice in Australia and beyond. With the many physical, mental and spiritual benefits it offers, people leave a yoga class feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed. Although yoga is generally a safe and...
When you work in the sport, leisure and recreation industry it’s an absolute must to ensure that you have taken the relevant steps to protect your business and the people you work with. As well as providing your clients and customers with a safe and enjoyable...