Workers’ compensation insurance
Workers’ compensation is a compulsory insurance requirement for all businesses that employ staff. Gym Insurance HQ can assist you with finding an insurance policy that priorities your employees’ wellbeing and give them the support they need to recover and return to work.
What is workers’ compensation insurance?
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that compensates your employees if they become sick or injured as a result of their work. Workers’ compensation payments usually cover employees’ wages while they’re unable to work or medical/rehabilitation fees.
Workers’ compensation is state-regulated. You can review the state-specific requirements for your respective state by checking out the links below:
Why choose Gym Insurance HQ?
At Gym Insurance HQ, we understand how businesses in the gym and fitness industry work. We have access to the largest range of workers’ compensation insurance providers in Australia, allowing us to find the best policies at the most competitive prices.
GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW!
Key things to remember
Workers’ compensation insurance
Workers compensation insurance is a minefield with every state having a separate system and legislation. A few of the key things to remember with worker’s compensation are:
- If you employ any PAYG staff you MUST legally have worker’s compensation insurance.
- Contract staff (ABN holders), generally still legally require you to cover them under worker’s compensation due to definition of worker under the various states worker’s compensation legislation. Please also note Superannuation also typically needs to be paid as guidelines are similar.
- If you are a sole operator, but operate under a company structure, the company will also need to hold worker’s compensation, otherwise it will be in breach and as the director you will be in breach.
Why you are best covered by income protection as a business owner
Please also note that under this scenario, it is quite possible that worker’s compensation will not respond to a worker’s compensation claim, and you are best covered by income protection.
- Premiums are generally regulated so there is generally little, to no variation between insurers premiums.
- Many worker’s compensation insurers now also seek reimbursement from the employer under liability / management liability policies.
Gym Insurance HQ can assist you in sorting through your worker’s compensation requirements, ensuring you are getting the right coverage to meet your needs at the right price.
"Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life." For fitness, health and wellbeing enthusiasts, starting and running a fitness business is a dream come true – but it's certainly no walk in the park. Running any type of business requires passion,...
Are you thinking about opening a gym? There are many things to organise before you start thinking about equipment—from gym insurance and renting a commercial property to employment contracts and gym management software. However, in order to make your new gym business...
As a gym owner or a self-employed fitness instructor, your passion is to help people become the fittest and healthiest version of themselves. While your top priority may be your clients’ health and wellbeing, it’s important not to overlook the wellbeing of you, your...