Workers’ compensation insurance
Workers’ compensation is a compulsory insurance requirement for all businesses that employ staff. Gym Insurance HQ can assist you with finding an insurance policy that priorities your employees’ wellbeing and give them the support they need to recover and return to work.
What is workers’ compensation insurance?
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that compensates your employees if they become sick or injured as a result of their work. Workers’ compensation payments usually cover employees’ wages while they’re unable to work or medical/rehabilitation fees.
Workers’ compensation is state-regulated. You can review the state-specific requirements for your respective state by checking out the links below:
Why choose Gym Insurance HQ?
At Gym Insurance HQ, we understand how businesses in the gym and fitness industry work. We have access to the largest range of workers’ compensation insurance providers in Australia, allowing us to find the best policies at the most competitive prices.
GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW!
Key things to remember
Workers’ compensation insurance
Workers compensation insurance is a minefield with every state having a separate system and legislation. A few of the key things to remember with worker’s compensation are:
- If you employ any PAYG staff you MUST legally have worker’s compensation insurance.
- Contract staff (ABN holders), generally still legally require you to cover them under worker’s compensation due to definition of worker under the various states worker’s compensation legislation. Please also note Superannuation also typically needs to be paid as guidelines are similar.
- If you are a sole operator, but operate under a company structure, the company will also need to hold worker’s compensation, otherwise it will be in breach and as the director you will be in breach.
Why you are best covered by income protection as a business owner
Please also note that under this scenario, it is quite possible that worker’s compensation will not respond to a worker’s compensation claim, and you are best covered by income protection.
- Premiums are generally regulated so there is generally little, to no variation between insurers premiums.
- Many worker’s compensation insurers now also seek reimbursement from the employer under liability / management liability policies.
Gym Insurance HQ can assist you in sorting through your worker’s compensation requirements, ensuring you are getting the right coverage to meet your needs at the right price.
Wish the wellness of your clients with fitness business insurance. As a health club owner, your topmost priority is the wellness and health of your clients. You along with your staff must work closely with your clients, push them to be the healthiest versions of...
Cover the most common risks of personal trainers with online personal training insurance! Online personal training insurance is trending these days because injury is a real possibility when you’re helping your clients achieve their fitness goals. Personal trainers...
Online fitness coaching is when you train your clients virtually in place of commuting to the gym facilities. It is put forward in many forms. While some trainers streamline the pre-recorded videos via a specific platform or app, the others, at the same time, prefer...